The Irish Senior Citizens Parliament:
This position will play a pivotal role in achieving the objective of the Irish Senior Citizens Parliament (ISCP). There will be a particular emphasis on the divisional structure of the Parliament’s member organisations at local level with the aim of increasing the participation of Older People as active citizens engaged and socially included within their communities.
The successful applicant will have
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting the lives of older people in Ireland today and for the future would be essential;
- Experience of working in partnership with individuals and organisations across the Community & Voluntary and Statutory Sectors would be an asset;
- Ability to positively engage with Older People would be essential;
- Proven experience of development and collaborative working would be a valuable asset;
- Experience of working in a similar role would be desirable
- Ability to advocate and represent Older People is desirable.
- Empathy and a genuine liking for older people
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groupings of older people
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills;
- Good knowledge of MS Office and excellent presentation skills
- The ability to use social media
- The ability to work on own initiative
- The ability to engage effectively with all stakeholders
- A passion to make Ireland a better place to grow old in.
For further details on how to apply please refer to the Job Description and Application Form below.
You are required to complete the Application Form and send it with a Cover Letter outlining how you meet the criteria for this position and the reasons why you should be considered for interview.
Please email both documents to email@example.com to arrive by 4pm on Friday 16th September.
Screening of candidates will take place based on the information contained in the Application Form and the Cover Letter.
Location: Based in Dublin
Hours: 35 hours per week
Interviews: Will take place on either Tuesday 20th or Wednesday 21st September.
This position is funded by the Scheme to Support National Organisations which is administered by Pobal and funded by the Department of Environment, Community and Local Government
Age will not be a barrier to appointment to the Irish Senior Citizens Parliament as we are opposed to any form of discrimination on the basis of age.